One step toward.......

Think in terms of abundance they say. Practice focusing on what you do want they say. Abundance is all around. Lack does not exist. I have everything I need at my disposable. All I have to do is be willing to see it. I have to believe I deserve it. I have to. My livelihood depends on it. And I can do this from a place of love and not fear. It’s a challenge…but in a good way. It’s a challenge to manifest the life that I want. There is no losing in that. There’s only winning.

It’s time to go inward to rebuild. It’s time to tear down old belief systems. Do something different today. I can do that. One step toward it. Two steps towards me. That’s how it works right? I make an effort and believe and I start to get the life I want.
  
Can’t is so limiting.

So I’m sitting here listening to Carolyn Malachi’s new project Gold. The song Beautiful Dreamer caused me to pause to listen. I heard the song before. I even had the pleasure of watching her performing it live. But I was ready to listen AND receive today. I heard her say that I could do anything and that the world needs me. And not from a place of arrogance, just put in plain language. The world needs me. Some times I know why, others I’m very unclear of what the hell I’m doing here. I especially feel like that when I’m fucking shit up.

“When the world turns ugly, you must think yourself beautiful”
“When the world makes you feel weak, you must be strong”

My previous inclination when the “world” tried to make me do anything was to crumble and fall. I would cower and then I would feel a surge of both inspiration and power and I would come out fighting….or at least ready myself for one. I understand this process. It’s previous programming. It’s not instinct. It’s learned behavior. It was a coping mechanism. The thing about coping mechanisms is that we trick ourselves into believing that they’re still applicable in our normal day to day. Knee-jerk reactions are a signal that I’m not existing in the now. Is the reaction even appropriate in the current situation? I don’t even think about it so I don’t question. I don’t choose. I give my power over to the past. I screw my face up when I realize that this is what my day-to-day experience has been. Knowing is both a gift and a curse.


I saw a sign that read “Change fear of the unknown into curiosity”. How empowering is that? Completely!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity