Reconciliation - Since everything begins with me.......

I took a Hexaco.org personality test the other day. I'm glad I like myself. Because if I didn't, I would be sulking in the seat of a pity party for 1. The things we tell ourselves about who we are and what other people experience yo!!!!!

So the test basically told me all the things that exist in the darker version of me. Opened me ALL the way up! The information wasn't anything that I didn't know from reflection sessions I have with myself. There's something about reading it in black and white though.

OUCHIE OUCHIE!

What these things tell me though is that it's not so much that I'm a bad person (because I don't believe or think this about myself) as much as it tells me how far I've come in terms of being able to reconcile my personality. When I started The Evolution of Perspective in 2009, it was with the goal of reconciliation. At first I thought I wanted to manifest perfection and rid myself of all my demons and darkness and ugliness. As the years progressed, I realized that perfection is not my goal. Hell, it's not even A goal, but that's another blog for another day. And instead of ridding myself of demons, darkness, and ugliness, I've gotten more comfortable with looking at them. I've gotten very curious about where they come from and why they're hanging on. I ask myself when and where, if at all, they are useful in my life. Do they EVER need to show up and if they do, why? How long do I let them stay?

So while it's true that I feel a strong sense of self-importance and am rather critical of others' shortcomings and am stubborn in defending my point of view and may be seen as hard-hearted, that sense of self-importance combats anxiety and depression. Being critical of others' shortcomings often reveals the places in me that I need to internally address. I'm stubborn in defending my point of view because I've given them a lot of thought and consideration and have tried to filter them through a humanist lens. And while I might be seen as hard-hearted, I'm often experienced as generous and caring. Dark & light. Yin & Yang. Duality depending on circumstance and perspective.

Does that mean I won't work on curbing those kinds of things when I see that they negatively impact others? NOPE. What I do to you, I ultimately do to myself. (Which is another manifestation of a strong sense of self-importance for me!) I'm E.Volving.

Thank you for paying attention.

Comments

  1. I love taking these kinds of tests. I always end up learning something else about myself. Thank you, as always, for your transparency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect information The Evolution of Perspective

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity