Closing in on 40

I remember this time 10 years ago almost like it was yesterday. I was about to turn 30. I was in the process of evaluating and reevaluating my life. I wasn't satisfied with my relationship at the time. I wasn't satisfied with my job. I wasn't satisfied with many of the choices that I'd made at that point in my life. I wasn't bad off but I definitely wasn't where I thought I needed to be. I told myself emphatically that I REFUSED to walk into my 30's with the same issues I battled with in my 20's. It's been almost 10 years to the calendar year and I can definitely see how and where I have changed. I can also see how and where I have not.

2011 is almost over. When the year begins to wind down, I start reflecting (even more) on what I accomplished, what I didn't, and what I plan to do about the coming year. I did a lot. I blogged. I facilitated Rap Sessions. I hosted a Blog Talk Radio show. I networked. I helped people. I hurt people. And I watched myself do it all.

This month is the last Rap Session of 2011. I have plans to take advantage of the down time to work on the radio show, network a hell of a lot more, learn, read, and plan 2012 (as much as a human being can plan something). I will pay off my debts. I will become more financially responsible. I will learn about discipline. I will exercise the wisdom from the lessons that life has shown me so far about relationships. I'm giving myself 2 1/4 years to manifest the fearless, dynamic, utterly awesome woman living inside of me. I'm giving myself time to organize, build what is necessary, destroy what is not, and become a better version of me.

I've never been the type of woman who hides her age. That never really made sense to me. Outside of being mysterious, I didn't understand why women did it. I know that FOR ME with age comes wisdom so I'm happy to tell people how old I am. I'm even happier to show them. And with 40 lurking right around the corner, I feel the excitement of a new (better version of) me emerging. I can feel the tingle inside when I think about it. And while I know that I don't have anything to prove to other people, it will most certainly feel good to show you who and what I become.

Here's to the end of me 30's! I know that I will accomplish everything I set out to do. And here's to the beginning of a fabulous decade! My energy level is almost out of control!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity