Failing to accept

*disclaimer* SO SORRY for the vagueness of this post....

So for a while now, I've been struggling hard at accepting a certain thing in my life. When I think about the situation thoroughly, it's not answers that I'm looking for. I have the answers to any question that I have about the situation. I was asked whether or not I needed closure. Because I have the answers, I'm thinking I have closure. For me, closure would be about clarification. I don't need clarification about what happened. I was more present at the time than it appeared on the outside.

So I'm baffled because I don't know what it is about this situation that I can't seem to let it go and just accept that it was what it was. I thought it was control. But it doesn't feel quite like control so much. I asked myself if I was done processing it. I know I am not. I asked myself if time will improve this. I am sure it will. Is this just a case of me failing to allow time to do what it does? When I think about it, I don't NOT want to accept what happened. I do want to accept it. I want to accept it...and learn from it....(which I think I did)....and grow from it....(which I believe I did)....and embrace it....(which I'm working on)....and grow some more from it....(which I believe is happening). *shrugs*

I needed to purge. Thanks for listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity