Your intuition doesn't fail you. You usually fail it.

I've watched several intimate connections disconnect in many ways over the last week or so. One of them was mine. Something shifted. Something's in the water. Something's in the air. WHATEVER. One of the things that I realized was that I didn't pay attention to my intuition. Fifteen years ago, if I didn't pay attention to my intuition, I ignored the fact that I didn't pay attention to it and blamed him for being who he was. Today, I realize that the longer I ignore that NAGGING THOUGHT that this person isn't the right person for me, the longer I delay the inevitable. The more I ignore the warning signs, the more I open myself to someone else's foolishness. Some people will take advantage if you let them. Some people will walk through an opened door....even if the sign on the door reads "If you walk through this you will hurt my feelings". They'll walk through the door if they believe that there's something on the other side of the door that's beneficial to them. I don't think that everyone who breaks your heart is malicious. Some of those people are clumsy and careless. Some of those people are greedy. Some of those people just don't have enough empathy to think of someone else's needs besides their own. *shrugs* But it's not really about them. Dating and courting are a process for a reason. You spend time getting to know a person. You spend time paying attention. You find out their positive and negative character traits. You find out whether or not this person is capable of doing something to disturb your value system. You learn all of that, take that information, and then engage. And even if you don't, your intuition will tell you who a person is. People can't hide for a long time. When we ignore things about a person that might disturb our value system and choose to engage in intimate behaviors with them, it's not our intuition that's failed us. We failed it. Should you really be mad at someone for being who they are.....regardless of how high or low you perceive them to be? You're just mad because you know you failed your intuition. That's ok. Pick yourself up, chalk it up to experience, and move forward knowing that life gives you plenty of opportunities to trust yourself. Take advantage man....TAKE ADVANTAGE!

Comments

  1. Thank you for those words. I'm having similar reflections right now, this very minute, about a relationship that I watched dissolve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do we invoke intuition only when things that don't turn out right? Isn't it intuition that got a couple together (as in this case) as well in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that we necessarily invoke intuition only when things don't turn out right. I do believe we blame the other person instead of accepting that we just didn't listen to our intuition. There are other factors that come into play regarding why a couple comes together. My point is if we listened to our intuition and trusted it, some of those couples wouldn't be coupled to begin with.

      Delete
  3. That was food for Me ........I read that & truly got fat on a plate of wisdom:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was food for Me ........I read that & truly got fat on a plate of wisdom:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity