When did being an asshole become cute for me?

I've been getting all kinds of reminders and lessons lately. The most recent lessons are about feelings of entitlement and the illusion of need. The most recent reminder was that I need to chill and cultivate my anger appropriately. While I was steady on my path down the yellow brick E.Volution road, I looked down and noticed that my shoes were shitty. I looked back on the path that I'd been traveling recently and saw that I've been leaving a trail of shitty footprints behind me.

I started wondering to myself how long it's been since I assessed how close I am to being a whole person. And while I don't expect to be a perfect person, I do expect to accentuate my positive qualities and do what I can to diminish or remove my negative ones. And if I can't diminish or remove them, I'll at least learn to manage them so that I don't look up and realize I've been being an asshole.

I had a conversation with a friend of mine earlier this week. Someone close to her was saying mean things to her. In theory, I understand that mean spirited words come from a dark, lonely place where a person is hurting. And like a true E.Volver I reflected on how I am that way with people who are close to me and people I don't know. It's easy to hurt people when you're hurting inside. It's TOO easy. It takes care and practice to avoid lashing out and being a brat when things don't go my way.

I think it's time for another personality assessment. I'm not proud of the levels of immaturity and anger I've been displaying lately. Just when I think I'm on my way, I'm reminded of how far I need to go. I'm not upset about this realization. In fact, I'm thankful for it. Being a better version of me is a goal that benefits the parts AND the whole. I can't be mad about that. I know I need to check myself before I wreck some shit in the process.

Being a maniacal, hypocritical, ego-centered asshole was never intentionally put on my agenda. But it's there and I need to do what I can to make sure it's permanently removed from my calendar. I was advised to NOW RELEASE AND LET GO!!!! THE PAST IS THE PAST.....THAT MOMENT WHEN YOU REALIZE YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERFECT AND COMPLETE CHILD OF GOD!!!!
That is what's being put on my agenda....intentionally! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity