Making your mate look stupid

I'm going to write about this from my personal experience and try to refrain from.....man FTS..... Ok so if you're familiar with popular social media websites, you're probably familiar with "the inbox" *cue dramatic music* This is the place where we go to catch up with old friends, get acquainted with news one, share stories, gossip about people and situations, share information, promote ourselves, etc etc.

This is also a place where men violate the boundaries of their relationship. I understand that I am preaching to the choir right now and that the people who might benefit from reading this may either ignore or dismiss it BUT I'm going to write about it anyway.

If you're in a committed relationship, married, or connected to a woman, WHY do you flirt with, pursue, and/or harass other women on social media? Do you need a hobby? Do you need to work on your relationship? Is it a sign that it might not be the relationship for you?

Do you know what it looks like to be ALL UP AND THROUGH a woman's inbox, only to post pictures of you and your significant other hours later? Talmbout YOU IN LOVE!!! I'm glad you're not in love with me. You make your woman look like a FOOL to every woman who's being harassed by you. Maybe you don't care about that. But trust me she does.

I remember being told "I would never put you in a position for another woman to think she had something on you"...only to be in that VERY position by the man who uttered those words.

The fact that you feel SO COMPELLED to tell random women (or one specific woman) how you feel about her, the way she looks, how smart and pretty she is, while professing your undying love to the woman on the other side of the room is .....man I can't find the words. I promised myself that I would start putting brothers on blast. And it's not to ruin your relationship. It's so you can stop. I have tons of friends on social media and if telling you to stop isn't enough, I can show you (and everyone else) better than I can tell you.

Whatever attention you're craving, redirect your energy to your relationship. Whatever you're missing, watering grass somewhere else won't help your situation. Call Iyanla or Dr. Phil. Your intention on "getting yours" by any means necessary is destructive....not just to your relationship but to the collective relationship consciousness.

Let's all agree that this isn't what we want so that we can make the world a better place one relationship at a time. Water your trust. Water your love. Water your respect. Water your connection. BEFORE I WATER IT FOR YOU. I say that with love (for myself)

Comments

  1. You better say thatttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. You just better… #takethatwatertotherighthole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! I will never understand it. I've been on both sides as well and you have to do you part to not let your ears be a dumping ground. Check out on him in a polite way and don't fall prey to the foolishness. If they know that you don't want to hear it they will move on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity