Note to self:

There are people out there who want to help save the world who have yet to master a sink full of dirty dishes. Others want to save the children and feed the poor, yet they cannot seem to conquer the dust bunnies beneath their beds and in the bottoms of their closets. Yes, some of us want to fix all that is wrong with the world, but we cannot seem to fix our broken hearts or our shattered minds. We don't recognize that we cannot give what we do not have. Until we clean up the small places in our own lives, we will experience difficulty doing what the world so desperately needs done.

~Iyanla Vanzant~

*disclaimer* I usually refrain from naming people in quotes because in this day and time of the almighty internet any name can be attached to any quote. I've seen it done. I am NOT saying Iyanla said or wrote this but I'm not saying she didn't either.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity