The Pity Party was cancelled due to lack of attendance

I'm stuck in the middle of a place trying to get closer to the end than the middle. I'm sitting two steps away from the point of no return and would like to move this boulder I strategically placed here some time ago out of my damn way.

I remember when I really realized what self-pity was. I remember feeling absolutely relieved and dumb at the same time. I was setting myself up for a pity party? Was I really buying decorations and sending out invitations and blowing up balloons and everything? Did I really buy a special dress just for the occasion?

The thing about epiphanies is that you can't unknow what you know after you know what you know. I can't act like I'm unaware that I brought these situations into my life. I can no longer pretend that I'm ignorant to the root of the issue. When thinking about LIFE and LIVING and DRAMA, the idea of a pity party makes so much sense and no sense at the same time. Why do I need drama in order to feel alive? (Even if it's only a little bit!) Is that just human nature? Is conflict REALLY a part of living? And if so, do I accept it or fight it to the death and strive for peace? FIGHTING FOR PEACE....what an oxymoron.

I don't have the answers to those questions RIGHT NOW but all I know is that it's time to hang the dress and get a refund on the balloons and cake and party favors. The pity party that was scheduled for today was cancelled due to lack of attendance. I've got other shit to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity