Knowing when to STFU is a gift

I've been talking too much lately. I've been talking about the wrong things to the wrong people under the wrong circumstances. I caught myself the other day. The messed up part about it is that I've done it for so long that it took me a minute to remember what the right things to talk about are. Drama is pervasive. It's sneaky. It looks very different at each level of evolving. But it always looks like a distraction. It looks like minding other people's business. It looks like trying to "help" people when they didn't ask for my help. It looks like trying to help people when they really don't want to change. It looks like paying attention to the details of someone else's situation when my own are frayed and coming undone.

There are more than enough areas of my own life that require my attention. The fact that I feel like I can devote any significant amount of time to anyone else's life to me means that I still have a lot of growing up to do. For me and my experience, it's immature to tend to someone else's problems without first addressing (or even ACKNOWLEDGING) my own. I haven't mastered my own existence. How DARE I assume that I can "master" yours.

My house of love is out of order. My mind, my heart, my soul....yes....these things are out of order. My intention for them is not but they currently are. I've become extremely aware of how I played myself out of position. Instead of talking about people, I need to be about my evolution. Instead of spending time yapping about other people's experiences and journeys, I need to tend to my own. I love myself enough to STFU. It's a gift that I will continue to give to myself regularly while I continue to E.Volve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity