I couldn't cry even if I wanted to - VENTING


You ever sit back and look at your life and wonder to yourself how you keep ending up in the same situations over and over again? There is something painfully disappointing about being stuck in a cycle of habit-initiated decisions. The fact that I put myself there could make me feel worse if I let it. Seeking the familiar only works when I'm avoiding danger. It doesn't work well when I'm trying to live. It works even less while trying to E.Volve.

There are so many aspects of life that I have yet to experience. I was talking to my son and explained to him that most of the people we see aren't living their lives. They are fixing something they broke a long time ago. That's where their time, energy, and efforts are going. That's no way to live. It's not even a way to exist.

I'm having a hard time understanding right now why it's so difficult for us to make good choices. I'm having a hard time understanding why it's so easy for me to set myself up for failure over and over again. I used to cry a lot about my life when I was younger. I used to cry about my circumstances. Today, I couldn't cry about it even if I wanted to because I know I have the power to do something different.

Comments

  1. Hopefully if what ever the issue is/was comes up again, you will know how to handle it (and hopefully this is not the _____ time some one has said this to you).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity