So what you're saying is that this is the valley............

October has been one hell of a month for me. It's been extra rough for me and a lot of people around me. It's been busy and I've been managing to make it to the end of each week. I haven't made it unscathed every week. Between the negative energy, anger, deaths, Mercury Retrograde, frustration, and just plain chaoticness of it all, I am noticing that I'm paying more attention to the calendar and waiting eagerly and anxiously for October to be over.

I have, however, learned that you probably shouldn't try to rush time because there's no guarantee that there is something better waiting around the corner for you. So I'm peeking at the calendar. I'm barely making it through my days though yall.

I looked back at the calendar. It's Fall. It's the time of the year that my system goes haywire trying to get adjusted to the change in season. She said,  " the change in sunlight effects me too and it made it easier to infiltrate."

A few of my relationships are strained right now. A person who I was close with is no longer here. Another person I am close with was almost not here. I was chatting with a friend of mine and she reminded me today that "folk are trying to make their lives easier and using anybody they can to cleanse their own space."

I looked back at the calendar. It's Fall. Last year, being busy helped me to avoid allowing sadness to take root. The year before that, being busy helped me to stay here. This year, being busy distracted me from caring for myself. This year, being busy actually added to my frustration instead of distracting me from sadness.

Fortunately for me, I recognize this time as being the valley. I've been in the valley. I was chilling on the mountaintop for a while. I started sliding off of it and didn't even realize it. I slid straight into the valley and now I look up and realize where I am. Now that I know, I can more easily accept the past few weeks and experiences as the catalysts that they are. I can remind myself that this too shall pass and that I will be restored and rendered better than before. I can take comfort in knowing that this TOO is part of the evolution of my perspective.

WOOOOO CHILE this feels better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity