The Obligatory 2015 Wrap Up - E.Volve Style

Woooooo chile. I'm over here going through my finances. I used the budget tool on my banking website and am a little shocked at seeing what I thought I already knew. It's something about seeing your spending in a pie chart that jump starts some thangs in your life. JUST ME? Oh ok. WELL HONEY....it's something about seeing my spending in a pie chart that jump starts some thangs in my life. I said a few months ago that a lot of my disposable income goes to food. I! WAS! NOT! LYING!

And from this, I decided to do things a little differently starting next year. I have a financial goals that I realized weren't on paper. A couple of them were and they were manifested. They were small goals and they were goals that I achieved. The ones that were in my head never manifested. AND GUESS WHERE THEY ARE GOING?? *grabs an ink pen* I'm excited and encouraged about what this is going to look like in 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and a year.

I didn't spend 2015 in the same resentful place I spent much of 2014. For that, I am proud of myself.
I was a lot more honest with myself and others in 2015. It cost me some connections. I'm ok with that. It added some as well. I'm also ok with that.

I realized today that there is a lot that I need to do to make my life look like what I see when I envision it while smiling. The good thing about that is that the seeds have been planted. I am actually able to water them from a filled cup today. That makes me smile. I can feel the seeds opening up too. I'm able to manifest some of the things that I need (through gratefulness at times, sheer will at others).

How have I changed this year?
I'm not nearly as sad. As a matter of fact, I think this is the least sad that I've ever been in my life. I catch myself when I'm being or feeling angry.

How would I like to grow next year?
I will become more focused and committed to my excellence. I will make smarter moves. I will take the time to learn what I need to know to succeed.

What will I continue to do?
I will continue to deepen the connections with the people who are important to me. I will continue to be mindful of the footprints (or drag marks if I'm being real) that I leave in the sand. I will continue to be courageous and passionate and vocal and helpful. I will continue to learn about my people, our history, our experiences, and our stories.

What will I let go of?
I will let go of the need to be right. I will let go of the need to be liked. I will let go of what is no longer useful. I will let go of doubt.

What will I hold on to?
I will hold on to love.

How will you answer these questions for yourself?


Be good to yourself good people
Ellen Gee




Comments

  1. Congrats on having the least sad year ever. If you remember all the things that caused it to be so it might be easy to ensure that 2016 is a happy by doing more of them... Unless finances are involved which might make things complicated... But as you said hopefully writing it down will help with that.
    My 2015 was about equal with highs and lows with the latter being mostly out of my control. I think being more attentive and proactive could've/would've help alleviate some issues so I think that adjustment might be a/the main focus for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, great thoughts..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I will let go of the need to be liked."
    Please teach me how? :-(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity