Reflecting for my birthday

I noticed myself getting into a little funk last night. I almost turned the tables on my friend and turned our outing into a fiasco. I caught myself and got quiet. I'm glad I did. I've been pretty quiet since then. My birthday has a way of inspiring me to look at myself and look at who I was and who I'm becoming.

I've been wondering lately about why I'm not as connected to the level of happiness that's in front of me. I feel like I'm not as close to the people I usually surround myself with. I also know that time spent alone is never really a bad thing. It gives you time to think. I'm getting to the point where I can appreciate quiet. It's still pretty disturbing to me at times but I'm getting there. I remember what I learned from my sister about balance. I shouldn't be dependent on people to entertain me....especially if I'm running away from myself or something I need to deal with.

WHO I WAS:
I realize that she's gone and that I can accept that today. Loving and making peace with all the things I did before helps to reaffirm me today and every day moving forward. There's no going back. There's no undoing. I look back at her and realize that I've learned a lot and I've grown a lot.

WHO I AM:
I realize that while I'm in perpetual forward motion, this moment is the one that counts. I shouldn't deny it or anything experienced in it.

WHO I WILL BE:
I realize that the quality of my life is directly connected to the quality of the choices and decisions I make. I get to be whomever I choose to be! I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. My history reflects that. All I need to do is make up my mind and make good choices.

I feel myself moving away from the "funk" I felt and feeling the warmth of self-love. Life is good!


Comments

  1. Glad to see that you got to feeling better so soon. It may be a sign that your "Secret" is sharing, communication-wise, with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely part of the "secret"! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity