Where were you when BUSH was getting shoes thrown at him?

I normally don't get into political debates, discussions, or confrontations with people. It rarely makes sense to me to do so. People feel the way they do about politics and I really couldn't care less than I already do. DO YOU BOO BOO! I see the loyalty people have to their parties, individual politicians, and political ideologies and then I don't see it.

Now if anyone knows me...or has been following this blog regularly, you know that I have this "thing" against hypocrisy. When I see it, my skin starts to crawl and I want to fight it down to the grown. (The hypocrisy...not the source of it!) So I'm scrolling through Facebook today and I see a post about some political person calling President Obama a "tarbaby". I didn't even give the actual post link a blink. I knew I wasn't gonna read it. I don't care that people call our president names. Remember sticks and stones? What blew me is the person who posted the story link was crying about how the president keeps getting disrespected. O_O I don't have to tell you that the person who made the comment is black. I also don't have to tell you that many black people claim Obama as "our" or "my" president. *snatches soap box from the closet*

Ok, so for most of my adult life, I've watched people disrespect the President of the United States. Hell, the president who was in the office BEFORE Obama used to get disrespected regularly. He was made fun of in television, on the internet, and was called EVERYTHING but a child of God by MANY of the same people who get their panties in a bunch when somebody says something negative or offensive about Barack Obama. NEGRO PLEASE. What the hell is so special about Obama that he's exempt from being ridiculed, taunted, disrespected, etc. etc.? Please don't say it's because he's black. Please don't say that. Because the last time I checked, being black didn't exempt you from anything either. It actually made you a target for some very specific things....LIKE NAME CALLING. The same people who defend President Obama's honor are the very same people who talked about President Bush like a homeless dog. They laughed when that man threw that shoe at him. They chuckled when he made mistakes in his speeches. They probably even went to the internet looking for more reasons to soil his "honor".

Look, if the only time you're gonna get all patriotic is when we have an African-American president, you're a hypocrit. And if you like it, I love it. If the only time you care about the political process is when someone is throwing dirt on Barack Obama's name, you're a hypocrit. And if you love it, I adore it. If the only time you have something to say about what's going on in the White House is when you're sticking up for the ONLY PRESIDENT you EVER VOTED FOR (and probably ever will), you're a hypocrit. And if you adore it, I'm in ecstacy about it. After Obama's first (and possibly second) term is up, and the next white man (or woman) gets voted into office, will you retire your picket sign? If a woman gets voted into office and gets called a hag or wench or *gasp* A BITCH by some outspoken television opportunist, will you defend her honor? RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU SAY ONLY IF SHE'S BLACK. Now take that hand and slap yourself for me.

You really expect for other races to take us seriously in political circles when all we cry about is someone disrespecting "our" black president? They're laughing at you. You're not proving your loyalty by standing up for him to keep his name clean. The same people who call him names consider you to be a NON-FACTOR. They know your limits and they don't care about them. That's why they push them. They look at you like Smokey and Debo. When the real heat comes, you're quiet. When the smoke screen comes, you'll be talking again.

*steps down off my soap box and kicks it to the side* I bet you don't even know the name of the man who threw that shoe at President Bush do you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity