CONSISTENCY will get you everywhere or no where

So, I've been thinking about finding the time to write a blog...WAIT WHAT? How does that work? I've been thinking about finding the time to write a blog because I've been busy doing a whole lot of thinking and a lot more of what seems like nothing. I've moved to the place where I can say that I'm DBA Ellen Gee and building The Evolution of Perspective. I've been thinking about tactics and marketing strategies and business classes and demographics and all that jazz. And I thought about it too hard and too long and got frustrated and stopped thinking about it as much. I need help and I know it. And in the process of me needing and me knowing, I've been thinking about how I need to get focused and specifically what that takes. The one thing that always comes to mind is a schedule. AN ADHERED TO SCHEDULE. If I am to build my brand and reach the reachable masses, I definitely need to adhere to a schedule. There's a part of me that feels like I won't be successful without one. I need to designate days to tackle certain tasks. That's not hard....the designation. Sticking to it is the challenge for people like me who are distracted by shiny things. And the thought I always come back to is: Both failure and success depend on consistency. OUCH!

There's a part of me who knows that people need help. There's another part of me who knows that people need change. There's an even bigger part of me who knows that people are sometimes vehemently resistant to both. I have my work cut out for me. I need to remember this on the days when I get discouraged. I need to remember this during the times when it seems like no one is listening and no one is showing up. I need to remember to do my part regardless and as long as it makes sense to continue to do so. Somebody is listening. Somebody is watching. Somebody hasn't spoken up yet. Somebody is developing. Somebody is looking for a path. I gotta keep on moving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity