They killed Troy

There's so much I want to say. There's so much I want to complain about. There's so much I want to yell and scream about. Yesterday was A DAMN DAY for me......and when I say a damn day, I don't mean it in the sense that it was JUST a damn day. I mean it in the sense that there was so much going on yesterday and I went to sleep feeling some kind of way. I woke up feeling some kind of way too.

Social networking sites where people are allowed to express their opinion remind me of all the things I love and abhor in people. On the one hand, I watch people come together for the sake of unity. I see it. It's a beautiful thing to watch. On the other hand, I observe the sheer ignorance, self-righteousness, hatefulness, and treacherousness of people. *disclaimer: Whenever I talk about people in general, I do not neglect to include myself in the UP or DOWN side of human nature. end disclaimer* Everybody thinks they have it right. Everybody thinks everybody else is wrong. It doesn't seem like it occurs to people that they could be wrong. And it seems like it occurs even less to people that they may have it right FOR THEMSELVES. And it seems to occur even MORE less to people that most of us DGAFF about their opinions (mine included).

Today, the day after Georgia executed Troy Davis, I am reminded that sometimes real g's move in silence.
Today, the day after Georgia executed Troy Davis, I am reminded that sometimes it's important to scream loudly.
Today, the day after Georgia executed Troy Davis, I am reminded that sometimes you have to put people in their place.
Today, the day after Georgia executed Troy Davis, I am reminded that sometimes you have to let people fall on their faces.

One of the key points that I've learned from my life experiences is that in order for me to be successful at navigating through life, I have to learn when to lean to the left, when to lean to the right, and when to stay in the middle. One of the other key points that I've learned is that sometimes people suck....HARD. *I'm venting*

I discovered not too long ago that achieving balance is one of the experiences in life in which we are connected to our Creator. For every positive, a negative can be found. For every up, and down can be experienced. For every left, there will be a right.

I was upset last night because I felt like what happened shouldn't have happened. But then I remember that NOTHING in my experience happens for no reason and I do not believe my creator makes mistakes. I believe that everything that happens occurs to bring us back to the common good. Hopefully someone who thought a certain way about a certain thing will realize that something needs to change because what was going on wasn't really working. I know I did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity