Trusting the process

There's been an inordinate amount of change going on in my life recently. The changes are moving me into a direction that I'm sure will be beneficial to everything I've ever envisioned for myself recently. Over the past 6.5 years, I've consciously experienced more growth and change. I've been aware of the shifts. I watch them occur or see them more clearly and quickly after a shift occurs. I'm tuning into my intuition and trusting that while what's happening might make me feel a certain kind of way at the time, better things are coming.

Instead of feeling bad about what's happening, I'm embracing it. It's amazing the experiences that you have that store up a reserve of wisdom you are able to tap into when you need it most. I need the wisdom of my past relationship experiences to sustain me right now and that's what I'm drawing on. I don't feel desperate. I don't feel needy. I feel curious but that curiosity is tamed. I learned a long time ago why it's important to busy yourself with life so that when something seems to be wrong (or go astray) you're not left with an empty hole that you so desperately need to fill. You end up filling the hole with things that don't help you anyway. THANK GOODNESS FOR GROWTH!

Life is about ebb and flow. Life is about ups and downs. But ultimately, for me life is about balance. You go through things to get to things and lose some things to get better things. I still see where my personality requires reconciliation. Those places where I'm not loving, not forgiving, not patient, and not understanding are some of the final frontiers (so to speak) on the journey toward my E.Volution. Right now, I'm able to see the people and experiences as tools to help me to be a better version of myself. I haven't figured out life completely but I definitely have a lot of the clarity that I used to adamantly pray for 15 years ago.

I know where my happy place is and recognize when I'm not there. I'm open to change for the better and respect the fact that I'm still (and will always be) a work in process. I know when I'm disconnected from goodness. I also know that I will never be too far from it. I'm closer to the point of believing that everything happens in order for something good to happen. I'm closer to the point of being able to make sense of the world around me. Today, I am trusting the process of life again.

Comments

  1. I'm sure some of your fans may be saying to themselves "what changes is she talking about?" upon reading this, both out of curiosity and maybe also to provide words of empathy but perhaps whatever it is you don't want to put on display in cyberspace, understandably. I guess you can expect us to reach out to you on a 1 on 1 level to discuss it more in depth if you are willing (which some of us may already have done).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome to call me at anytime sir!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity