You tell me please.....

REMIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. OK let me try this again.


I think the last blog was erased because I was probably going to whine and complain way more than what was necessary to get my point across. N T WAY!

We look at people, places, things, and situations through whatever experiences we've had in order to bring us to the current moment. The problem I see with that is that our glasses are either usually dirty or rose-colored. If I've been hurt before and what you say to me reminds me of that, I don't always react from the feelings of the current moment. I usually dredge up ALL of the sludge that I either tried to bury OR DIDN'T and in doing so re-experience the feelings, hurt, pain, etc of the past PLUS whatever reaction I'm experiencing based on the current situation.  I read about this in a book before and wondered HARD and LONG about what the benefit of remembering is. .....and even more so what the benefit of remembering and holding on are.

Every moment is brand new. I know it's cliche but it is true. I don't know that a person could experience an almost exact same moment with the exact same feelings and NOT remember. *just go with me people* We do it with love. We do it with pain. We try to recapture bliss. We try to avoid heartache. All this fear.....fear of not being able to experience goodness again or fear that the pain will last forever....can't be good. It can't be good for us individually and it most certainly can not be good for us collectively. When you come from the perspective that whatever it is you're going through is happening in order to get you to the good part of life, regardless of how temporary it is, then it's kind of hard to live in fear. I think about that alot. I think about how I try to hold on to "the good" because it feels so good and I want it to last forever. If I believed that it would come around again, I probably wouldn't hold on so tightly. I'd be o.k. with letting it go because I knew that it would come back around. The same goes for pain. I wouldn't run from it.....and in the same breath I wouldn't run to it....because I would understand that it wouldn't last forever. I believe that people either operate from a place of love or a place of fear. It's my observation though that people operate mostly from a place of fear. We're afraid that we won't get enough of the "good stuff" in life so we gobble it up.......unable to appreciate it for what it really can do for us. We rush through these experiences (both "positive" and "negative") in order to get to the next one and for what? You have to tell me because I don't know.

Comments

  1. girl, first of all...WEDNESDAY is the busiest night of my week so I can't ever seem to catch your show *blinks and sucks her teeth*
    But I know for a fact that what you are saying here is accurate...i concur..I FEEL THIS...and i can say with confidence that it is true because and only because it has been my experience. i am reading a book (re reading, listening to on audible..etc) Eckhart Tolle "The Power of Now" it speaks to exactly what you are talking about. Pain is correlated with time. past and future...the more we bring our attention to the present moment the more the pain decreases or ceases to exist. it is acceptance at the ultimate basic level.
    okay, he did that rotten stuff to me right before he hung up 10 minutes ago, last year at christmas...or 15 years ago...and it still has my defences or offenses on point...ready....because my mind still is clinging to a moment in my near or distant past and not being completely present. OR i am anticipating pain...or dwelling on a projected outcome and that is keeping me from being present. the past moment is gone forever...our "memory" is a direct line to that now moment that has slipped away...it no longer exists...the only moment we have is NOW...so why aren't we living here...our future is not going to turn out better if we remember what we did yesterday...and dwell on that...our NOW IS THE RESULT OF OUR YESTERDAY...SO OUR NEXT MOMENT IS GOING TO BE BASED ON WHAT WE DO NOW. now is all we really have...there is no time really...yesterday and tomorrow all consist of now moments...ending and beginning...if you can be right where your body is and accept all that IS...(it is what it is) you will not judge, condemn, have fear or sadness...it will all be okay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What leaving Facebook showed me about myself

An Honest Assessment of My Love Life

Beyonce, Trump, and The War on Black Unity